About me...

My photo
Guitar technician reporting from the tourbus....

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Toulouse

Day fifteen and we find ourselves at what must surely be a serious contender for best venue in Europe, namely Le Bikini in Toulouse. It's a fairly recent build, its original incarnation having been obliterated in an explosion at a nearby chemicals plant in 2001, a blast which also sadly left twenty nine dead. A lot of thought has been put into the design of the new venue, and I can honestly say I've never heard a PA sound so good. In fact I reckon you could mix an album on it. As is usual in France, and as I've mentioned here before, the food they serve us while on tour is generally excellent, though the staff in the kitchen at Le Bikini have somehow managed to raise the bar even further. Octopus for breakfast anyone?

Last night's gig in Clermont Ferrand is one I hope to wipe from memory before too long. After replacing Vincent's guitar, amplifier and cables mid-song(s) in an effort to make it all work again the problem finally turned out to lie within the venue's equipment. You don't half feel like an idiot though, frantically redesigning the stage while hundreds of punters look on.


Vincent ponders what to eat next.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing. I played the old Bikini club in 2000 (and before that). It used to be the 'utter nightmare shithole gig' of any tour. Good on 'em!

Unknown said...

Amazing. I played the old Bikini club in 2000 (and before that). It used to be the 'utter nightmare shithole gig' of any tour. Good on 'em!